Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-20-2015, 01:30 PM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Calibre Download Metadata-Not pulling in book descriptions

I have two laptops both on 2.41. They both point to my Calibre library in Dropbox so I use them both to load books. My Windows 7 laptop doesn't pull in any book description when I run Download Metadata in the edit function, yet my other laptop does.

I've tried comparing the settings and I can't see any differences.

Has anyone any ideas why Calibre would stop pulling in descriptions? It finds them okay just won't pull them in, I have to go to Amazon and manually cut and paste them.

It's been an issue for the last few versions on Calibre and I guess I hoped it would just fix itself but that doesn't appear to be happening
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:40 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Configure Download
Are they STILL set the same? (config Burps happen) You may have had only a single source set on one system for comments. That may be offline or broken (unreported)

BTW It is extremely rare a unreported Calibre issue will fix itself in subsequent releases. (If it is only happens to you, then it will not fix itself.)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2015, 06:15 PM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Configure Download
Are they STILL set the same? (config Burps happen) You may have had only a single source set on one system for comments. That may be offline or broken (unreported)

BTW It is extremely rare a unreported Calibre issue will fix itself in subsequent releases. (If it is only happens to you, then it will not fix itself.)
I'll have to put them side by side at the weekend and check all the settings. I've checked before but it can't hurt again. Problem is I don't really know what I'm looking at as I've never played with the download metadata settings at all

Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:43 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Post the log from the download metadata "View Log" button.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:05 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I'll have to put them side by side at the weekend and check all the settings. I've checked before but it can't hurt again. Problem is I don't really know what I'm looking at as I've never played with the download metadata settings at all

Thanks for the reply.
@Josieb1 - this should help

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard.png
Views:	350
Size:	525.6 KB
ID:	142998

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2015, 11:47 AM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Josieb1 - this should help

Attachment 142998

BR
, It was the comments that was unchecked. I missed it when I compared the two laptops. Thank you so much.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:47 AM   #7
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Post the log from the download metadata "View Log" button.
It's all sorted now Kovid and thank you for trying to help.