Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 12:54 AM   #1
slvrsplsh
Enthusiast
slvrsplsh doesn't litterslvrsplsh doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Nook Color
Micro SD card and PRS-T1

I just bought a Micro SD Card (4Gig). I installed it in my reader with all due caution. When I powered my Reader up it didn't recognize my sd card. All it see's is the SD Card partition on the internal memory. Any suggestions anyone?
Thanks in advance,
David
slvrsplsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:39 AM   #2
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrsplsh View Post
I just bought a Micro SD Card (4Gig). I installed it in my reader with all due caution. When I powered my Reader up it didn't recognize my sd card. All it see's is the SD Card partition on the internal memory. Any suggestions anyone?
Thanks in advance,
David
Do you need to format the card on the T1 with a compatible filesystem?
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 05:53 AM   #3
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Libra Color, Nxtpaper 11
Do use the internal formatter of the PRS-T1 to format the microSD card. In that way you are sure it is formatted in the way the PRS-T1 would like to have it.

I'm currently using a SanDisk 32Gb microSDHC card myself, and the PRS-T1 has no problems to see and using it.

Last edited by DrChiper; 12-28-2011 at 06:02 AM.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:41 PM   #4
slvrsplsh
Enthusiast
slvrsplsh doesn't litterslvrsplsh doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Nook Color
Thanks for the help, Guys. I don't know exactly how I did it, but my external sd card is now recognized. I tried formatting the card with my computer. I don't think that helped. Then I bit the bullet and formatted it with the reader.I can't say for sure that helped either. Then I held the reset button for about 30 seconds. That pretty much locked the device down. I had a scary moment when I thought I had just created a pretty, red paperweight. I managed to cut it off with the power switch. When I rebooted I went to root explorer to see if I could find the card in the sd directory. I noticed the something that was not there before; an icon labeled extsd. When I opened it there was my 4 gig sd chip. So thanks for the help. Someones suggestion worked, just not sure whose.

David
slvrsplsh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
microsd, prs-t1