Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-22-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
ovaldisk
Connoisseur
ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle
is it possible to for open non-DRM MOBI files on Kindle for WebOS HP Touchpad?

if so, what do I have to do? I know on the actual Kindle reader, all I had to do was copy and past the file to the Kindle 3G's "documents" folder.

Thanks in advance!
ovaldisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovaldisk View Post

if so, what do I have to do? I know on the actual Kindle reader, all I had to do was copy and past the file to the Kindle 3G's "documents" folder.

Thanks in advance!
Don't have an HP Touchpad, but could you just email the MOBI file to yourself and then select open with K4WebOS?

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Should be able to sideload assuming the WebOS isn't locked down.

BTW, condolences on the suddem demise of the HP Touchpad. I think HP must have set a record for the shortest lifespan of a new product. I doubt there will ever be much third-party development for WebOS after HP decided to cancel the entire line of products.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Don't have an HP Touchpad, but could you just email the MOBI file to yourself and then select open with K4WebOS?

Carol
There is no open with K4WebOS option. Check out this site for a solution:

http://joesacher.com/webos/loading-m...ds-kindle-app/

Make sure you read the warning link at the end.

Or just get the pReader app. It works pretty well in my opinion.
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:17 PM   #5
allowingtoo
Bibliophile
allowingtoo began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon
Would this work? I don't have mine yet - I'm just looking for the answer.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=104676
allowingtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #6
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
Would this work? I don't have mine yet - I'm just looking for the answer.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=104676
I sideload my books on my kindle app for my iPhone with DiskAid.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote