Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-04-2019, 08:47 PM   #1
C-novice
ReadingZealot
C-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo ARC, Samsung Tab4
pageedit in Sigil

I know I'm going about this all wrong so may I have so help please?
I'm trying to do this:

Quote:
PageEdit can also be easily launched from Sigil (any recent version) with its Open-With functionality or set as Sigil's preferred external xhtml editor for fast launch by shortcut or icon.
From Sigil:
Edit > Preference> General Settings >Select External HTML Editor

I found, Sigil in my Share folder, from there I found pageedit folder. There's a folder called local storate and a file called pageedit.ini.

/home/me/.local/share/sigil-ebook/pageedit/pageedit.ini

I used the file but in launching with Sigil's External button, I got:

Failed to Launch Xhtml Editor

If this is all wrong, do let me know and the 'how to' if anyone has the time to spare.
Thanks.
C-novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 09:18 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
You should browse to where the PageEdit.exe (application) was installed. That depends on which system you are ising. You found one of its ini settings files by mistake.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2019, 09:24 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You want the pageedit binary. If you built PageEdit yourself, it will probably be in /usr/local/bin. If you installed via a package manager, it may be in /usr/bin. Either way, it should be on your PATH, so "which pageedit" at a terminal (without the quotes) should tell you exactly where it is.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 09:34 PM   #4
C-novice
ReadingZealot
C-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to behold

Not .exe. It's linux
Old 07-04-2019, 09:56 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My instructions were for linux. Did you not see them?
Advert
Old 07-04-2019, 10:24 PM   #6
C-novice
ReadingZealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
My instructions were for linux. Did you not see them?
Nope, sorry. Clearly I missed it. I'm functioning with 1.5 eyes; I've to look at screens and such with care. But I found it -I think in, /usr/bin

Edit: @DD, now I see it as I was reading the entire thread again.
Thanks for sure too .

Last edited by C-novice; 07-04-2019 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-05-2019, 05:36 AM   #7
toutou123
toutou123 began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to install PageEdit on windows 10 in a simple way???
The official instructions are not useful at all for non-devloppers. I just want a simple .exe installation file then choose the file location.
toutou123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 08:48 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toutou123 View Post
How to install PageEdit on windows 10 in a simple way???
The official instructions are not useful at all for non-devloppers. I just want a simple .exe installation file then choose the file location.
Simpler than double-clicking the self-extracting exe?

The Windows release (PageEdit-0.7.0_x64.exe) is a self-extracting .exe file. Put it in the location you want PageEdit to be and double-click the exe. The contents will be extracted into a PageEdit folder at that location. Inside the PageEdit folder will be the PageEdit.exe file.

From the PageEdit 0.7.0 release notes:
Quote:
The Windows installer for PageEdit is currently a self-extracting zipfile. Double-clicking it will cause it to extract its contents to a folder named PageEdit. Put the PageEdit folder anywhere you like. The PageEdit.exe file can be found in that folder. PageEdit requires that the VC++ 2017 64-bit runtime is installed (but does not include or install it itself). If Sigil-0.9.15 (or higher) is already installed, this will already be taken care of. Otherwise, you're free to download and install the 2017 runtime yourself if you don't use Sigil.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-05-2019 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:24 AM   #9
jafrako
jafrako began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T3
Ik weet niet wat sigil bezield maar ik kan niks met dat gehannes met Page Edit. Ik ga Sigil verlaten. Jammer want ik heb er jaren plezier van gehad.
jafrako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 10:30 AM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafrako View Post
Ik weet niet wat sigil bezield maar ik kan niks met dat gehannes met Page Edit. Ik ga Sigil verlaten. Jammer want ik heb er jaren plezier van gehad.
Your loss. Bye, bye.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:02 AM   #11
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafrako View Post
I don't know what got into Sigil, but I can't do anything with that fiddling with Page Edit. I'm leaving Sigil. A shame because I enjoyed it for years.

The latest Page Edit is a one-click Windows installer. Then there's one setting to make in Sigil.

But if that's beyond your wit, enjoy being the sort of person who hires me to do simple things (Which is, of course, how people who can sew and cook look at me.)

There IS a case for tighter integration, at least as a default install option. As this thread demonstrates. But it's not going to happen.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote