Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Today, 02:59 AM   #1
Dizzy
Dizzy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Calibre Suggestion - AI Blurb and Cover Art Generation

I love Calibre and spending time curating my collection of eBooks. I make sure that all metadata is correct and that all books have a compelling book cover and blurb that make me want to pick up the book and read it. You can't judge a book by its cover but you'll never read it if it look boring to start with. To that end I have started using AI to write the blurbs and generate the cover art.

I ask ChatGPT "Write a one paragraph blurb for <title> by <author>" and paste the result into the Comments field on the metadata page. Would this be a feature worth automating in Calibre. I am sure that there is a API for these chatbots. It is faster than "Download metadata".

More difficult to automate but what I have been doing is getting AI image generators to create the cover art for me also. I first use ChatGPT to identify and describe an iconic scene from the book. I then paste the result into an AI image generator. I repeat until I find an image that I like then download it, resize, and add title and author, with an appropriate font, before importing it into Calibre.

When I've finished I convert the book to incorporate the new information.

Just thought that I'd suggest this as a new feature.
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:11 AM   #2
Dizzy
Dizzy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
The attached image shows some examples. Those in red boxes were generated by AI.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Example AI book cover art.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	210640  
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 05:04 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Here's a couple of threads that may be of interest:

[GUI Plugin] * PROPOSED * AI Book Summary

Using GPT4All as a research tool

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
artificial intelligence, calibre