Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 04:05 PM   #1
MoreEbooks
MoreEbooks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10th gen
Setting the "Publisher Default" font

I have a Kobo Libra2 and wish to create some EPUBs that contain Chinese characters. I know that if I do nothing, the Chinese characters do not display at all, but if I change the Font setting on the device from "Publisher Default" to "AR UDJingxihei" they display properly. I would like to put the proper CSS codes into my documents so that that font is the "Publisher Default" for the document so I do not need to do this manual step every time I upload a file.

What is the URL to the resident fonts?
MoreEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:00 PM   #2
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The path should be:

/usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/ub_arudjingxihei.ttf
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 05:05 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreEbooks View Post
I have a Kobo Libra2 and wish to create some EPUBs that contain Chinese characters. I know that if I do nothing, the Chinese characters do not display at all, but if I change the Font setting on the device from "Publisher Default" to "AR UDJingxihei" they display properly. I would like to put the proper CSS codes into my documents so that that font is the "Publisher Default" for the document so I do not need to do this manual step every time I upload a file.

What is the URL to the resident fonts?
The thing to do is specify the secondary font as the font with the Chinese characters. This is something done for KePub. That way you can use whatever main font you want and the secondary font will fill in the Chinese characters.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote