Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-02-2020, 06:16 PM   #1
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
add books from calibre library or from kindle lib?

I have been adding books from a laptop "kindle library" that I created by copying the azw file on the real kindle lib on the desktop; then go thru the motions to add the book(s) to the laptop calibre (win 10 home) & converting to epub.

I wonder if just adding books directly from the desktop calibre library book list would be better & that "everything" would be copied to the laptop calibre library. This would mean all the metadata as well as both the azw & epub files will be copied? Would save a step.

Or would the laptop Calibre just copy the epub?
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 06:03 AM   #2
Rouffian
Rouffian has much to be proud ofRouffian has much to be proud ofRouffian has much to be proud ofRouffian has much to be proud ofRouffian has much to be proud ofRouffian has much to be proud ofRouffian has much to be proud ofRouffian has much to be proud ofRouffian has much to be proud ofRouffian has much to be proud ofRouffian has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle Touch
Did you ever get anywhere with this?
I am using Calibre on all of my PCs and I can, thus access my books from anywhere. The problem does seem to be that the synch functionality is a bit hit and miss. I rename a book on my kitchen laptop and wait. I close Calibre. And wait. I am on my office desktop now and I still have both the old and the new versions of the e-book.
The metadata.db did get copied though, so I can't see the old version in Calibre. I just have to remember to delete books manually.
Rouffian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert