Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-09-2024, 05:26 PM   #1
fenester
fenester began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
Set AZW3 files CDETYPE to PDOC

Hi,

is there a way I can set the CDETYPE metadata of my AZW3 files to PDOC instead of EBOK? I can see there is a way to set this tag when converting to MOBI, but not to AZW3.

I'm asking because it seems that Amazon is removing sideloaded books marked as EBOK. I have a lot of Calibre-converted AZW3 books in my library, and as far as I know, they are all EBOKs. Can I change them to PDOC so that there is no risk they get deleted after I turn off airplane mode?
fenester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 10:51 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can do it by creating joint MOBI files. These contain both azw3 and old mobi in single mobi file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 06:28 AM   #3
fenester
fenester began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
Thank you for your reply! This is not a perfect solution for me, though, as such files can't be edited using the Edit Book feature, which is the main reason I'm using azw3 files.

If it's technically possible, is there a chance you can add the option to set the CDETYPE label when converting to azw3 in the future?
fenester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 12:45 PM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I'd edit source or epub and convert to azw2 or dual mobi. Better to not edit azw3.

If I have no external source, then I regard epub as the main/master file.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
azw3, calibre conversion, ebok, pdoc