Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM   #1
SomeSteve
Addict
SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle
.acsm File Not Being Downloaded

For the past week or so I've been having trouble downloading purchased books from the Kobo store onto my computer. When I click on "Download Now" on the website, instead of the acsm file downloading, a blank browser page is loaded (not in a new tab or window) and in the address bar there is a long address that begins with "https://acs4.kobo.com/fulfillment/URLLink.acsm?".

Sometimes when I've returned to the site later in the day the download has worked as usual (that is, as it should), but sometimes even that doesn't help, and despite repeated tries all I get is the empty window. I've restarted the browser, restarted the computer, cleared the browser cache, but none of those things seem to make any difference.

Is this happening to anybody else, or am I just lucky? And is there a way to get things working normally again?
SomeSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM   #2
bluepeter
Connoisseur
bluepeter is far more humble than you.bluepeter is far more humble than you.bluepeter is far more humble than you.bluepeter is far more humble than you.bluepeter is far more humble than you.bluepeter is far more humble than you.bluepeter is far more humble than you.bluepeter is far more humble than you.bluepeter is far more humble than you.bluepeter is far more humble than you.bluepeter is far more humble than you.

Device: Clara 2E, Clara BW, Mini, Libra H2O, Paperwhite (10G), Boox Poke 5
The obvious first question is "have you checked your browser settings?" Are .acsm files explicitly set to download? If not, does adding the file type help you?

Apologies if you think I'm being patronising; I know it's an obvious point, but you haven't said anything about it.
bluepeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM   #3
SomeSteve
Addict
SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepeter View Post
The obvious first question is "have you checked your browser settings?" Are .acsm files explicitly set to download? If not, does adding the file type help you?

Apologies if you think I'm being patronising; I know it's an obvious point, but you haven't said anything about it.
No harm in asking the obvious. What's obvious to you may not be obvious to me, and indeed, this wasn't obvious to me. No, .acsm files are not listed, but under the question what the browser should do with other files, the box "Save files" is checked. And up until a few days ago, it has always saved them, and I haven't changed any settings or installed any new software. And as I said, waiting a while has fixed the problem -- until today.
Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Have you tried another browser, preferably without cookies or any customizations?
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:16 AM   #5
SomeSteve
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Have you tried another browser, preferably without cookies or any customizations?
Hours later still no luck with the browser I've been using. With a different browser, however, the .acsm files were promptly downloaded. So apparently within the last week or so something has fouled up my usual browser. Perhaps there was an update I've forgotten about that somehow gummed up the works.
Advert