Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
jbcmars
jbcmars began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Regular Expression adding book published date

Dear All,

I have been looking aroung a bit and I have not found anything on how to add a published date in the adding book section.

Most of my books (actually research papers) have the following format:
Author - Year - Title
where Year is the year the article had been published.

I tried this as a regular expression in the Adding books - Configure metadata from file name
(?P<author>[^_]+) - (?P<pubdate>[^_]+) - (?P<title>.+)

But this is not working. I do get the author and title correctly but not the published date.

Can anyone help ?

Thank you
jbcmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
This should be in the regular forum, not the recipes subforum.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the only metadata that can be read from filenames is what is described in the adding books preferences, IIRC, pubdate is not included.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote