Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-27-2021, 04:54 PM   #1
wtf101
wtf101 began at the beginning.

Device: ebook
Angry Visible in Calibre not in Apple books

Does anyone know why a EPUB may be visible in Calibre but not in Apple Books or Marvin for that matter.

I got the file as a AZW 3

Converted to ePub

Works great in ePub viewer but not in

Apple Books
wtf101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 06:50 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Install a 3rd Party iOS epub reader. The Apple Books app is primarily for books from the Apple store.

Just like on Amazon Fire or any Android you'd only use the Kindle App for books direct from Amazon. Lithium on the Fire or proper Android phones/tablets makes for sense for epub from Calibre.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2021, 09:50 AM   #3
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
For Marvin, see this blog post on how to get books into it: https://blog.marvinapp.com/post/50186700169.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 10:32 PM   #4
Bradles
Connoisseur
Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Apple Books & Kobo Libra H20
I use Apple Books on an iPad Pro no problems. Multiple epubs from calibre and Apple Books store side-by-side.

Some questions:
  1. Is it Apple Books on an iOS/iPad device? (I think the app is also called Apple Books on Mac.)
  2. What do you mean by "visible"? Can you simply not see the book in Apple Books?
  3. Can you view the epub successfully in the calibre viewer? (This will eliminate DRM as an issue.)
  4. How did you add the book to Apple Books? (I have opened the book in OneDrive, sideloaded using iExplorer, or used the calibre content server.)
Bradles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 08:12 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradles View Post
I use Apple Books on an iPad Pro no problems. Multiple epubs from calibre and Apple Books store side-by-side.
I think it depends HOW stuff is copied to iOS. I did have an iPhone for a while and my own MP3s had to be copied by iTunes Program on Windows 7.

I could add the iPhone to Linux and copy content directly, but actual Apple iOS apps didn't see it. Only 3rd party Apps.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert