Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old Today, 11:37 AM   #1
shmn
shmn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Any E-Ink readers w/ integral remote page turners?

Using this page turner while reading in bed along with a goose-neck tablet holder has been a wonderful upgrade for me. My arms don't get tired, I read faster and I don't have to constantly change position as I switch my E-reader from hand to hand.

Does any company make an E-reader that comes with a remote page turner? As much as I love the idea, I don't like the clunky implementation which requires a device clamped to the E-reader plus two more devices to charge and its sometimes finicky nature. Having an OEM version would be a great accessory.

I wonder why OEMs don't offer this option? Not enough demand? Or is there a model out there with an integrated remote page turner?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle_on_gooseneck.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	317.8 KB
ID:	209345  
shmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:15 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I love page turners!
Err, I'm not found of that clip-on stuff, I would find it massively distracting.

I used to have a wired push button box on my old Nooks.
Nowadays, Bluetooth is king.
You can get many off-the-shelf clickers or foot pedals.
I have a custom keyfob and I love it to pieces.

Minimal requirement is a single button to go forward.
Mine has forward/back/menu and flip/flop to notes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bt_case2.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	209347  
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert