Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old Today, 04:40 AM   #1
michailbachtin
Connoisseur
michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Sony PSR-1
New Yorker Daily News RSS-Feed Recipe Failure

Hello!

I'm having no luck creating a recipe for daily news from the New Yorker rss-feed links, which I have been using for my recipes in the past.

Now, I get an error message for each rss on the New Yorker Website, for instance:

"Failed feed: New Yorker News Desk"

The New Yorker has a long list of rss-feed links. Does anyone know why they are not working in a simple recipe? (I followed the rules in the Calibre online manual for "Adding your favorite news website" which always worked in the past.)

Cheers to all!

Here is the New Yorker webpage with all the rss links:

https://www.newyorker.com/about/feeds
michailbachtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:29 AM   #2
michailbachtin
Connoisseur
michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Sony PSR-1
I figured out what is wrong. You have to take the links from the New Yorker page cited above and add "/rss" to the address. Thus:
https://www.newyorker.com/feed/news/rss

It works!
michailbachtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert