Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 05-15-2023, 06:57 AM   #1
tmanwell
tmanwell began at the beginning.

Device: anything android
SCRIBD??

Good morning everyone
I'm a Likebook Mars owner, and pretty happy with it. I haven't used it as much as I thought I initially would, HOWEVER some recent health problems are helping me rediscover it. I'll refrain from singing all of its praises right now, cuz I figure you all feel the same [great for Hoopla, etc. etc.]

Here's my question...
I have not yet been big into subscription services, but I'm *THINKING about going with SCRIBD. Price seems right, as does selection, and I really don't feel the need to permanently *own things I've already read [sorry Audible]. Anyway, the question is.... what has been your experience with SCRIBD? Does it play nice on the Likebook Mars, or am I looking at 40 miles of hell?

Thanks!!

Tim M.
tmanwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 03:27 PM   #2
jonnyl
Enthusiast
jonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toys

Device: Likebook Mars
I'd say it's quite decent (I've only used books; audiobooks I play on the phone). It's just very limited as far as adjusting layout options go. There are only about 4 fonts I think, the margins and are too wide in my opinion, and the contrast could be better (the font is more greyish and not as dark as could be). Also there's a screen animation with every page turn, which is a bit annoying. Other than that, the selection is great and if you can live with those relatively minor inconveniences, you should be happy with it.

I also recommend searching Youtube for "Likebook scribd"; the top (and only) result shows a good review of it. It's 4 years old but last time I used it (a few months ago), not much has changed since.

Hope this helps.
jonnyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2023, 05:18 AM   #3
tmanwell
tmanwell began at the beginning.

Device: anything android
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyl View Post
I'd say it's quite decent (I've only used books; audiobooks I play on the phone). It's just very limited as far as adjusting layout options go. There are only about 4 fonts I think, the margins and are too wide in my opinion, and the contrast could be better (the font is more greyish and not as dark as could be). Also there's a screen animation with every page turn, which is a bit annoying. Other than that, the selection is great and if you can live with those relatively minor inconveniences, you should be happy with it.

I also recommend searching Youtube for "Likebook scribd"; the top (and only) result shows a good review of it. It's 4 years old but last time I used it (a few months ago), not much has changed since.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the help. I'll have a look!
T.M.
tmanwell is offline   Reply With Quote