Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #1
catoon
catoon began at the beginning.

Device: aluratek
anyone has experience with Aluratek reader return.

Mine was dead only after a few weeks. I got it from buy.com. By checking the return policy at aluratek.com. It seems not that great

"Thank you for your Aluratek product purchase. Aluratek warrants all its products against defect in material or workmanship for either 5 Years, 1 Year, 120 Days, or Lifetime depending on the product from the date of purchase. In the unlikely event that this product proves to be defective, please contact Aluratek's support department for trouble shooting, repair or replacement of your unit. Aluratek, however, will not be able to issue a refund. All return requests must be accompanied with proof of original date of purchase. A 15% restocking fee will be charged.

When returning the product, please ship the product in its original packaging or packaging that gives an equal degree of protection. Include your proof of purchase in the packaging and the RMA number clearly marked on the outside of the package. Please include any of the accessories such as cables, power adapters, and CDs, when returning to Aluratek. Please follow the RMA instructions given by our service support representatives. All returns must be shipped prepaid.

This warranty becomes invalid if the factory-supplied serial number or "warranty void" sticker has been removed or altered on the product. Warranty is valid only in the country of purchase. If you live outside of the United States or Canada, please contact your reseller for warranty service. Aluratek will not process any warranty returns or repairs if the product is taken outside of the United States or Canada.

This Warranty does not cover:

A) Cosmetic damage or damage due to acts of God.
B) Accident, misuse, abuse, negligence or modification of any part of the product.
C) Damage due to improper operation or maintenance, connection to improper equipment, or attempted repair by anyone other than Aluratek.
D) Products sold AS IS or WITH FAULTS.

IN NO EVENT SHALL ALURATEK'S LIABILITY EXCEED THE PRICE PAID FOR THE PRODUCT FROM DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE PRODUCT, IT'S ACCOMPANYING SOFTWARE, OR IT'S DOCUMENTATION.

Aluratek makes no warranty or representation, expressed, implied, or statutory, with respect to it's products, contents or use of this documentation and all accompanying software, and specifically disclaims it's quality, performance, merchantability, or fitness for any particular purpose. Aluratek reserves the right to revise or update it's product, software or documentation without obligation to notify any individual or entity.

For further assistance please email our Service and Support team at: support@aluratek.com.""
catoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
jbenkoe
jbenkoe began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre
downloading public library book

I just bought an Aluratek Libre. I'm a beginner when it comes to tech stuff, so please help with this question. I was hoping to download books from my local public library via Overdrive. I learned that because the device does not support DRM protected PDF, ePUB, or PRC files I would not be able to. i\Is there any way around this? Thanks.
jbenkoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
Is this the color Libre? The black & white Libre does support DRM Epub & (I think) PDF.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #4
lisajjb
Enthusiast
lisajjb began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre, Nook Color, Samsung Galaxy 10"
I haven't had any problems getting library books through Overdrive. I have gotten both epub and pdf formats. Have you tried downloading a book from Overdrive? Once it is downloaded I "add it to my library" in ADE (Adobe Digital Editions). It shows up and transfers easily to the Libre. Its a great way to get new/besteller ebooks, so I hope it works for you!

An advantage of the Libre is that it does not have an internal clock, so once the library book expires in ADE (after 14 or 21 days depending on your library) just don't sync your Libre to ADE until you are done with the book. If ADE sees it has expired, it will delete it from your Libre. Learned that the hard way.
lisajjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:17 PM   #5
icedtea
elibrary love
icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, RIP Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenkoe View Post
I learned that because the device does not support DRM protected PDF, ePUB, or PRC files
Sorry to continue the threadjack, but the Libre does read Adobe DRM (pdf and epub) library files; it does not read DRM mobi/prc files.
icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 09:59 AM   #6
mmread
Enthusiast
mmread has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
Catoon,

Please let me know what you find out. My parents bought my Libre @ Ultimate Electronics on clearance. The closest one to me is 5 hours away. There was no ad to price match it locally. I was thinking of trying to buy the protection plan from Office Depot ? or Sears $19.99. Borders wanted $50 but it comes with a case and cover shield.

That's why I hate buying online unless there is a local store where I live but at $60, it was hard to resist.
mmread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:28 AM   #7
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
So Catoon what is the problem?

All warranties tend to look shadie when you read them. This looks like a general warranty that cover many different devices. Just go to the website and look up the warranty for the libre. Also, did you register your device? This sometimes makes a difference w/re to warranty service.

If your device is only a few weeks old - I would look to the seller for replacement 1st.

If the seller was a legit retailer than he should have no problems replacing your unit.

If it is beyond the sellers return policy then contact Aluratek. Providing you have a legitimate claim (Product defective and sold by an authorized re-seller you should have no problem getting it replaced.

I believe others in this forum have had defective units replaced.

The Libre does support ADE DRM ePub/PDF as well as Overdirve for downloading Library ebooks. It does not support other DRM formats at this time and that it possibly could in the future.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #8
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Bout my Libra pro several months ago and yes it supports PDF and epub and DRM from Borders.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote