Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Today, 09:23 AM   #1
TOMillr
TOMillr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Magazine PDF not displayed correctly

I've tried a to add a couple of DRMed magazin PDFs with the proper plug-in into my calibre library. Everything works fine for the ten or so different publication I've tried. However, that is one publication which I just can't get for to work.

The I download a random issue of the magazine through Adobe Digital Edition, I can browse the magazine just fine. But when I drag the PDF into calibre, the page order ist mixed up and after around 28 pages I only get empty, white pages.

I've tried five or six different issues from the same magazine and can replicate the issue every time. Already tried to get support from the DRM plug-in folks, but the insist that it's not a problem of their tool.
TOMillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:14 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The name of the publication might help here as would the version of PDF the publication uses. If you are attempting to read the magazine using calibre's viewer, that involves a conversion from PDF to ePub which is, in most cases, not a good idea. Trying opening the PDF with a PDF utility and see how it looks.

If you are able to read any of the magazine, DeDRM has done it's job so I would agree that it is not a problem with that tool.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 04:02 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Yes, I have my Calibre set to open my favourite PDF viewer for PDFs.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:28 PM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Yeah, Calibre's viewer isn't good for viewing PDFs, especially if their layout is weird. Use something like PDF-Xchange or Sumatra if you're on Windows.

Last edited by ownedbycats; Today at 05:32 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote