Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-04-2014, 08:16 PM   #1
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
SOLVED: @Kovidgoyal: Bug? using Polish and custom tag metadata

UPDATE: SOLVED as of 2.2 update which corrects.

ORIGINAL POST:
First, a thanks for all the help moderators and enthusiasts have provided this last week! Almost everything is resolved.
In this process, however, I noticed an oddity where Polishing metadata jackets is not updating correctly.

As simply as I can manage....
I delete a custom tag column item. It appears gone both on the book details screen and via Edit Metadata. However, when I updated the Metadata jacket via Polish, the tag does NOT go away...ever (see below). I can add more tags to the field, but the deleted ones keep printing. This is not happening in the default Tags column. I have tested by deleting from the book details list as well as trying via Edit Metadata and from "Manage Tags" via the Tags browser just to cover the bases if it was in issue via a particular interface

Here is exact info:

Custom column type: " Comma separated text, like tags, shown in the tab browser "

What's happening and has been tested:
  • Custom column tags: 1,2,3
  • Polish to update metadata jacket: custom column tags show as indicated.
  • Delete "3"; Now Custom column tags are: 1,2
  • Polish to update metadata AND metadata jacket
  • JACKET Custom column tags: 1,2,3 (3 still shows)
  • Add another tag to custom column so that actual metadata is: 1,2,4
  • Polish and see Custom column tags in JACKET as: 1,2,3,4 (3 still shows)
  • Delete "4"; now tags are back to 1,2
  • Polish to update as before
  • JACKET Custom column tags: 1,2,3,4 (3 and 4 still showing)
ANOTHER TEST:
  • Delete custom column tag field from book jacket metadata template.
  • Polish - field doesn't show
  • Add field back to metadata jacket.
  • As of test listed above, the custom column tags are: 1,2
  • Polish metadata and book JACKET and see: 1,2,3,4 (3 and 4 still showing)

This is consistent across many books tested.

Does this happen when Calibre conversion is run? NO.
Tested as last above and the metadata jacket updates correctly. This last minute thought showed me it's the Polish built-in plug-in (integral to Calibre use IMHO).

Ran sames series of tests again after the conversion using Polish, and the same problem exists.
Is there something I need to do, or is this just something that needs a fix?

FAILED TEST: with a clean slate, I tried to only Polish the jacket and NOT update the metadata in the book, but it doesn't allow one without the other.

Side note: the deleted, unique tags do not show anywhere in the tag browser, edit metadata, or book details list which is as it should be. They only stay in the book file it would appear. I could not think of any further tests after the "failed test" noted above.

Last edited by jecilop; 09-05-2014 at 04:57 AM. Reason: typo, solved, update
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom column, metadata jacket, polish