Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-07-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
DRM free-- Amazon change?

I know this may be in the wrong forum-- but in a search, I see more mention of DRM book status here than elsewhere.

It seems like something's different in Amazon's listing of DRM-free books-- I can't tell anymore.
I like DRM free books. When I get a book, I bookmark the webpage in my browser, and add tags to the bookmark, including DRM free status. (Since there's no "dustjacket synopsis" on an ebook, I find this handy to pick my next read.
I went back to look at the webpage for one I had marked as DRM free, and there's no longer anything there to indicate this. It has the same "lending enabled" tag, but no "unlimited devices" notation. The header offers me the same "loan for up to 14 days" option as my DRM'ed books would.
Since I had some I'd picked as DRM free waiting in my archive that I hadn't downloaded yet, I was especially worried (since I read largely on a device for which there is no Kindle App). I downloaded them, and they still seem to open just fine, so far, without either a Kindle-enabled reader or DRM stripping.
Am I missing another way to ID DRM-free Kindle books? Given a choice of 2 equally attractive books, I'll always pick the DRM-free one.

Kent E
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:53 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You can find more discussion on this here...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=168225
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2012, 12:42 AM   #3
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
Thanks for the pointer, Brian! I'll follow that discussion. If it lasts for more than a few days, I'll also try to find someone at Amazon who cares enough to listen to complaints!
Kent E
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote