Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Today, 07:50 PM   #1
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Question Question about updating calibre

I have been running Calibe 4.3 for many years now on my Windows 7 PC. I am planning to get a new PC soon and will need to move my library.

I know about the Calibre's Export/Import feature as I have moved the library before.

My question is about updating Calibre. I remember going from Calibre 2 to 3 (or maybe it was 3 to 4) was a big change. Back then I used to update Calibre with every new release so kept up on the changes. I plan to read through all of the new features.

My plan is to install 4.3 on the new PC and move everything. I am just wondering once I am sure all of the libraries moved over successfully if I should jump to the latest version of Calibre or update incrementally to 5 then 6 then 7. I know a lot of the plugins will need to be updated as well. I just want to be sure all of my custom columns etc survive.

Thanks.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote