Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 11:36 PM   #1
mgconnection
Edge User

Angry video wont show

i went to youtube to watch a video but the video wont play. download the video player in the app cart video still wont play. can this problem be fixed. thanks in advance.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
thorne
Edge User

There is a built in tube app for viewing you tube videos. Be sure to use it, as you can not run videos from within the browser.

Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #3
borisb
Edge User

Try using the built-in browser and visit m.youtube.com, or use the "Tube" application that came pre-installed on the eDGe.

The eDGe doesn't support full Flash yet, so you have to access YouTube in these specific ways.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #4
tjapko
Edge User

Tube doesn't work anymore in the sense that I get "Sorry this video cannot etc." all the time.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #5
borisb
Edge User

I have the same problem on both eDGes. I'll put in a Help Request with enTourage.

Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 04:19 PM   #6
borisb
Edge User

Tech Support responded that YouTube has changed its API and enTourage now has to update its app to match. We'll have to wait for a patch, then. Another user elsewhere said they were prepping a patch to be released in the next week or so for another issue, so we can hope the Tube fix will be included.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #7
dontpanic
Edge User

Boris is right. YouTube has changed their interface again. They did it back in the Summer as well. We are reaching out to understand the nature of this change and resolve this issue ASAP. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Tom

Old 12-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #8
Dr. T
Edge User

Thanks for the confirmation and information, Tom. We all really appreciate it!

Does your response mean that it will not be included in next week's patch?

Old 01-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #9
Telstar
Edge User

Thanks for the info. I just bought this. Nothing works right. It is the worst example of poorly executed low-tech-backwards hardware and software I have ever come across.

This device is a complete embarrassment and the company should be ashamed for releasing a broken system. Video does not work. The browser fails to execute simple sites.

This cannot go back to the store fast enough. I have read enough and the members of this forum must have patience and time on their hands to make this thing work marginally.

I have neither.

Last edited by Telstar; 01-11-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #10
Dr. T
Edge User

I'm sorry that you have had such a poor experience with this device. Most everyone on this Forum has had quite the opposite of an experience. I would encourage you to contact tech support regarding any issues you are having. They seem to be very responsive and helpful. The company has proven time and again that they are willing to help their customers as much as possible.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #11
Telstar
Edge User

It is not responsive to ship a device that uploads software that breaks the youtube applet and stops even the example mp4 from starting correctly...you can get it to work half the time, but it stutters.

No sir...not worth it.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:09 AM   #12
Hopi
Edge User

Hi Telstar. I know Boris had told you to do this but that was in December. Have you tried accessing youtube from the tube app again? I just did and was able to watch a video that I searched using its search function.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #13
Hopi
Edge User

Another thing: have you checked what version of software you have. I used to get the same message and youtube videos wouldn't play when my device had Badger. There is now a Dingo 1.11 update and i found no problem playing videos now that I have updated my device. I had a nice experience with Tech support as they helped me find out what the problem was.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #14
Michealj
Edge User

Hi, is there a news update yet or better yet an app update?

Regards,

Micheal