Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
DrDln
Banned
DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Politics and Religion Forums..

I think it is brilliant to have P & R forums. No appreciation is enough for allowing such discussion for those who want it.

I just joined these forums couple days back. So far it is very enlightening and great posts that I have seen.

I enjoy these forums and wish I knew when I joined the group. Perhaps it is my ignorance but are there other people who don't know that such forums on "Politics and Religion" exist. I am not much into politics but I do believe that religion should teach us tolerance and love and why should we have problem discussing it. We should have tolerance and love for differing views, irrespective of the topic, IMHO.

I am just curious to know that how many other people don't know about P & R forums. If there are many then I wonder if MobileRead can help further to make these more visible. They have done an awesome job on creating these.
DrDln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:00 AM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Science vs faith is a horrible line.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
DrDln
Banned
DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Science vs faith is a horrible line.
I understand perhaps why!

I have taken unusual position to believe that "Science, Religion & spirituality" can co-exist rather than believing that science and faith are like oil and water. They don't mix.

We are missing a lot by treating them like oil and water. World will be better place if we rethink, IMHO. I agree with what Einstein said.

"Religion without science is blind.
Science without religion is lame."

NOTE: This is just reply and will not discuss anymore on these threads. I will look similar topics in P & R forums.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #4
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Welcome to MR DrDin,

I wholeheartedly agree with you, as I said in the P&R forum, science and religion are absolutely compatible; it’s the scientists and religionists who sometimes are not.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Welcome to MR DrDin,

I wholeheartedly agree with you, as I said in the P&R forum, science and religion are absolutely compatible; it’s the scientists and religionists who sometimes are not.
Given that this is at least arguable, is this not turning into a P&R discussion and should therefore stop.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 08:56 PM   #6
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Only if it becomes contentious, is it?
Old 07-16-2011, 04:22 AM   #7
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Only if it becomes contentious, is it?
I would contend that it is.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:58 AM   #8
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Welcome to MR DrDin,

Agreed.

I have found that only those who have a drum to bang on, would make a

fairly mild conversation such as this into an argument.

Cheers.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:08 AM   #9
TGS
Country Member

I have found that only people who cannot think straight make such comments.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:33 AM   #10
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

See what I mean?

Old 07-16-2011, 05:47 AM   #11
TGS
Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post

See what I mean?

No.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:03 AM   #12
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Instructions on accessing the Politics & Religion thread can be found as a specific item in MobileRead's Guidelines (see link at bottom of page).

The Guidelines explain and link to this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=103942

which at the moment is the second thread in the Announcements forum, and also happens to be the first listed in the "Related Threads" of this one (see below).

Suggestions for increasing the prominence of the P&R forum, for those who perhaps have not yet fully familiarized themselves with MobileRead's Guidelines, might better be made in MobileRead's Feedback forum. And with the edification provided in the Guidelines, the Announcement thread link provided, and the instructions on how to enable access to the P&R forum, discussions perhaps can relocate themselves from the Lounge as appropriate.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:32 PM   #13
DrDln
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Instructions on accessing the Politics & Religion thread can be found as a specific item in MobileRead's Guidelines (see link at bottom of page).

Cheers,
Marc
Thanks for all the help. Is it possible that these can be listed in the forum index? [if it already is, I somehow missed it] That's first thing newbies like me check, IMO. That is, Click on the 'Forums' next to 'Home.' Thanks.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #14
wodin
Illiterate

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

which at the moment is the second thread in the Announcements forum, and also happens to be the first listed in the "Related Threads" of this one (see below).

Suggestions for increasing the prominence of the P&R forum, for those who perhaps have not yet fully familiarized themselves with MobileRead's Guidelines, might better be made in MobileRead's Feedback forum. And with the edification provided in the Guidelines, the Announcement thread link provided, and the instructions on how to enable access to the P&R forum, discussions perhaps can relocate themselves from the Lounge as appropriate.

Cheers,
Marc
Marc,

Were you ever a technical writer?
Old 07-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #15
nohmi2
Pensively observing.

That thought has also crossed my mind.

Cheers