Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-17-2017, 12:38 AM   #1
HendelTBD
HendelTBD began at the beginning.

Device: iOS
Calibre 3 / Marvin / OPDS

Installed Calibre 3 on my Mac, got the content server up and running, can browse the web interface and successfully download a book. I can also access the content server via OPDS in Marvin on my iOS devices (within my LAN), and view the book list.

But when I try to add the same book to Marvin using OPDS that I was able to download from the web interface, it seems to begin (a rapldly incrementing percentage counter appears briefly) but then almost immediately shows "Cancelled". The book never appears in Marvin.

I routinely pulled books from OPDS with Marvin with Calibre 2.x. Could be a problem on Marvin's side, I suppose? Don't know where to begin troubleshooting this.
HendelTBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 01:19 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look in the server logs Preferences->Sharing over the net->Show server logs

if there are any errors. But most likely it is Marvin not liking something about the headers the new server uses. UNfortunately, it is impossible for me to say what that might be. You'd have to ask the Marvin developer to look into it.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2017, 01:49 AM   #3
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
FYI, The new Calibre 3.0 Content Server works great with my favorite reading app, MapleRead (v1.7), in both OPDS and HTML modes.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:52 AM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15/11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
FYI, this has been answered in the Marvin forum.

It works fine in Marvin. I was able to download several files using both the Browser functions, and the OPDS connection from Marvin.

Just need to figure out the new system and how to maneuver around and make sure you are only downloading a file that Marvin supports (ePub, cbz). I assume there is a setting in the content server that specifies only specific file types to be listed...but haven't gotten that far yet.

Cheers,
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote