Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-06-2017, 02:14 PM   #1
Knurr
Knurr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle App for Android
Books not showing until restart (Kindle App for Android)

Hello everyone!

I really hope I'm in the right place for my question, feel free to move my post (or tell me to move it) if I chose wrong...

I'm using the Kindle App for Android and have been for years. For the books I don't buy directly from Amazon I use Calibre to convert and send to my Galaxy S7. With my old phones this worked fine but ever since I got the new one, I have to restart my device before any of the books I sent from Calibre to the Kindle App show up.
To clarify, the Kindle app syncs but the books don't show up before I restart my phone. After a while this gets very annoying. Is there a way that will make them show up without the restart? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Knurr

PS.: I searched this forum for a solution but couldn't find any. I hope wasn't too blind to find the obvious answer...
Knurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:25 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Try the forum specific to Android e-readers:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=225

Although the "Kindle Fire" sub-forum of this one might be of help.
The "Kindle Fire" devices run Android.

Your question does span several possible forums, so you may have to ignore the rule about multiple postings.

= = = = =

It could be a similar problem to the other, hardware, Kindles -
They do not always detect documents/books passed over USB (by whatever means).
If there is such a thing as a: "Send To Kindle (for Android device)" you might try that.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2017, 02:32 PM   #3
Knurr
Knurr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle App for Android
Thanks for the answer I'll try posting in one of the other forums as well...

Yeah, there is a "Send to Kindle" and like before, it used to work fine but doesn't anymore. Gives me an error message.

If I put books into the kindle folder manually (without Calibre), the same thing happens. Books don't show up until I restart the device.
Knurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:20 PM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I suspect that if you can achieve the same effect if you just kill and restart the Amazon Kindle app instead of rebooting Android.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote