Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-11-2014, 09:45 PM   #1
Grady Cole
Grady Cole began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Unhappy Calibre and Kobo: only 1 book in series copying over

Just bought a new Kobo Aura, and I'm trying to copy books from Calibre over to it, but I've run into a problem - it'll only copy one book in a series over, period. So I have 10 books from the "Parker" series, and only the first one copies. I try to copy the second one over and the first one is deleted.

I've been trying to search the forums and troubleshoot this myself, but I'm stuck.

Calibre 1.44
Kobo 3.3.0

Tried using both the regular KoboTouch and the KoboTouchExtended plugins. If I remove the "series" information from Calibre then the books copy over fine.
Grady Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:56 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The only reason I can think of for this happen if the save template you are using set the file name to the same thing for all books in a series. Can you show us the the save template in the driver configuration?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #3
Grady Cole
Grady Cole began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
David, you're right. It had {series} in there for the template for "sending books to device" as well as the plugin (which was probably copied from the first instance). I had fixed it in the plugin, but didn't think about the other instance of it.

I'm sure that I changed it years ago so my Sony would have shelves created for the Series automatically. Man, that was frustrating!

Thanks for your help!
Grady Cole is offline   Reply With Quote