Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM   #1
Mob201503
Mob201503 can extract oil from cheeseMob201503 can extract oil from cheeseMob201503 can extract oil from cheeseMob201503 can extract oil from cheeseMob201503 can extract oil from cheeseMob201503 can extract oil from cheeseMob201503 can extract oil from cheeseMob201503 can extract oil from cheeseMob201503 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle PW3 (7th Gen), Android apps (KOReader, Moon+ Reader Pro)
Order of formats for sending to device via "Smartdevice App Interface" plugin

Hi there,

Trying to figure out if there's a way to remove some of the formats that can be sent to my device, or at least change the order the formats appear when sending to the device.

I connect to Calibre wirelessly from KOReader on my Boox ereader, and only ever want to send EPUBs or PDFs to it. Annoyingly though, the Send to Device dialog has TXT at the top as the first format and EPUB only second, with no way I can find to change the order so EPUB is at the top. (See screenshot).

The dialog also includes many formats I'd never be sending to the ereader that I'd sooner just disable, but that doesn't seem to be possible either. (The cofiguration dialog seems to permit you only to add, via a comma-separated list, additional file types that can be sent to the device).

Other configuration settings for devices connected to Calibre include granular options to tick/untick formats and move them up or down in order.

Is this just not an option for devices that connect via the "Smartdevice App Interface" plugin?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Choose format dialog when sending to device.png
Views:	16
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	209925  
Mob201503 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:10 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Hand edit (with care)?
Code:
device_drivers_SMART_DEVICE_APP.py.json
Found in the configuration folder.

With the device connected: Does there appear to be a right click Configure on the device icon? That is way better if it exists.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 06:57 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mob201503 View Post
Hi there,

Trying to figure out if there's a way to remove some of the formats that can be sent to my device, or at least change the order the formats appear when sending to the device.

I connect to Calibre wirelessly from KOReader on my Boox ereader, and only ever want to send EPUBs or PDFs to it. Annoyingly though, the Send to Device dialog has TXT at the top as the first format and EPUB only second, with no way I can find to change the order so EPUB is at the top. (See screenshot).

The dialog also includes many formats I'd never be sending to the ereader that I'd sooner just disable, but that doesn't seem to be possible either. (The cofiguration dialog seems to permit you only to add, via a comma-separated list, additional file types that can be sent to the device).

Other configuration settings for devices connected to Calibre include granular options to tick/untick formats and move them up or down in order.

Is this just not an option for devices that connect via the "Smartdevice App Interface" plugin?
The device, in this case KOReader, controls this list. It sends to the wireless driver the list of formats it is willing to accept and their order of preference. You must change it in KOReader. Ask in that forum if you you need help with it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote