Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-02-2017, 05:51 PM   #1
AppleTard
AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Nested (expandable) ToC

Greetings,

I'm using a 7th gen Kindle Voyage, firmware 5.8.8 (the most recent). I created an ebook using Calibre, and it has a ToC with three levels: h1, h2 and h3.

However, the Kindle displays only the first two levels, completely omitting the third level. I've tried to open a [simplified] calibre-generated azw3 file on the latest Kindle Previewer (3.9), and all three levels are displayed on that application (as per attached image).

Is it a limitation of the e-Ink Kindle, to display only two levels in a nested ToC, or am I doing something wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toc.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	155969  
AppleTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:03 PM   #2
krbo
Enthusiast
krbo is a glorious beacon of lightkrbo is a glorious beacon of lightkrbo is a glorious beacon of lightkrbo is a glorious beacon of lightkrbo is a glorious beacon of lightkrbo is a glorious beacon of lightkrbo is a glorious beacon of lightkrbo is a glorious beacon of lightkrbo is a glorious beacon of lightkrbo is a glorious beacon of lightkrbo is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle PW2 & PW3
it's a very old bug and they don't care about it (personally reported it several times)
krbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2017, 07:18 PM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I would call the two level limitation a feature rather than a bug since it applies to the Kindle apps on other platforms also.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:25 PM   #4
AppleTard
AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks for the information. Since there's nothing to be done, I'll have to manually flatten the level 3 Toc.
AppleTard is offline   Reply With Quote