Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-28-2023, 07:48 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Icon rule for matching or non-matching columns

I have a column that I fill with icons pertaining to my Goodreads shelves. Since I import the library csv from Goodreads into Calibre I like to have a second column labled "#long_comments_to_copy" this is where my reviews go before determining if they are already in my library in their designated "#gr_reviews" column. Sometimes I update a review or somehow get a review deleted or removed from either my library or Goodreads so when I import the new reviews into this column (the long comments column) I compare it to the current review column and see where there needs to be updates or just delete the import column.

Long story for a request on how I could include a new icon in my Goodreads Info column to indicate if the content in one column matches the content in another.

I don't want to open up and read each review (I have about 400 of them) to compare with the imported ones to make sure they are current. I would much rather scroll down the list looking for a designated icon letting me know that I need to check it out.

Suggestions?

Would be nice if column rules would allow an option for this (If #column_a contains/equals/does not equal/does not contain/matches #column_b)
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 06:37 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You can do this with an advanced icon rule, something like this:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	204969

The template text is
Code:
program:
	if $#long_comments_to_copy == $#gr_reviews then 'cry-icon.png' else '' fi
It does an exact case-insensitive match.

Personally, I would do this with a saved template search instead of an icon. With that I get the answer without scanning the booklist for the icon and there wouldn't be any performance hit. The search would be something like this:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard04.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	204970
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert