Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-25-2023, 08:04 PM   #1
kelemvor
Enthusiast
kelemvor began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Does Calibre modify the epub file when I change something?

Hi,

I have a bunch of books that are part of a series. I've found some ereader apps that can see series info, but it isn't always accurate. If I import all my books into Calibre, and then take the time to set them in their proper series, does Calibre write that info back to the epub file or does it only store it in its own database?

E.g. I opened all my books in Readera. It sees Series info from most of the books, but for some it's not quite right. If I open all the books in Calibre, and set correct all the info, would Readera see the new data if I remove the books and rescan them?

I can try it out myself, but figured if someone already knew, it'd save e the time of experimentation.

Thanks.
kelemvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 08:17 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelemvor View Post
Hi,

I have a bunch of books that are part of a series. I've found some ereader apps that can see series info, but it isn't always accurate. If I import all my books into Calibre, and then take the time to set them in their proper series, does Calibre write that info back to the epub file or does it only store it in its own database?

E.g. I opened all my books in Readera. It sees Series info from most of the books, but for some it's not quite right. If I open all the books in Calibre, and set correct all the info, would Readera see the new data if I remove the books and rescan them?

I can try it out myself, but figured if someone already knew, it'd save e the time of experimentation.

Thanks.
You can embed the changed metadata into an epub file with the Polish Books function.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2023, 10:17 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The altered metadata will also be embedded when you save to disk or send to device.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 10:58 PM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Not the metadata itself. The default settings of ebook-viewer will embed (or update) a bookmark file for at least ePubs.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote