Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-25-2010, 03:03 PM   #1
CPatrick
CPatrick began at the beginning.

Device: N516
Calibre and Openinkpot

Hello,

I have a N516 eReader and a week ago I used Calibre to put ebooks on it. Some time later I had installed Openinkpot as firmware. I'm very happy with it, but now Calibre is unable to detect the device. Linux detect it very well (as 2 USB devices 1 for the SD card + 1 for Openinkpot), but not Calibre (0.6.36, 0.6.35, 0.6.34).

".../...
Looking for EB600
Looking for README
Looking for N516
Devices possibly connected: None "

Do I need a special plugin ?
CPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If the OI firmware changes the device identification numbers, then calibre wont detect it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #3
CPatrick

OK. So :
1. Is it possible to manually configure Calibre for a specific device instead of using the automatic detection ?

2. Is it possible to modify the N516 plugin on my computer to force it to detect the N516 with the OI firmware ?

Thanks
Old 01-25-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
1. Not at this time but a request wouldn't hurt.

2. Yes, All you would need to change are the device ID strings to what you device is being identified as. For the specifics on doing so, Kovid will have to help with that. I'm not sure if you can just modify the .py file (if .py files are even in the binary packages) or if you have to do something extra.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:46 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just install from source (or use the development environment trick described in the user manual) then you can manually patch the plugin. Or download the plugin and use it as a base to create a custom plugin for your device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #6
CPatrick

Fine, I downloaded the source of the plugin and replaced

VENDOR_ID = [0x0525]
PRODUCT_ID = [0xa4a5]
BCD = [0x323]

with

VENDOR_ID = [0x0525]
PRODUCT_ID = [0xa4a5]
BCD = [0x326]

and now the N516 with OI is detected.

Thanks a lot

Last edited by CPatrick; 01-26-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
obi1973
obi1973 began at the beginning.

Hi, I have the same problem. Can you please post your modified Plugin or an tutorial.
Cu
OBI
obi1973 is offline   Reply With Quote