Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Today, 05:35 AM   #1
TML59
TML59 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa 2E
Update missing covers

New to this forum, searched quickly but couldn't find a clear answer... How do I update missing book-covers?
Guess I should list all books with missing (of default?) covers first and then go to "Edit Metadata" and download covers?
But how do I create that list?
TML59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:51 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
For no cover, search for cover:false.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 10:00 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML59 View Post
New to this forum, searched quickly but couldn't find a clear answer... How do I update missing book-covers?
Guess I should list all books with missing (of default?) covers first and then go to "Edit Metadata" and download covers?
But how do I create that list?
In addition to what BR said.

Get the Quality Check Plugin. This will help you identify MANY other metadata short comings and inconsistencies (The latter will need your manual correction. You can Edit the value in the Tag Browser to change ALL uses with 1 edit))

Repeated Fetch Metadata is not going to make it Better. GIGO (and there is a Lot of that in the Metadata sources)
Identify the sources that roll your way and adjust Configure Metadata Download The main screen is overall and fine tune that by using the Configure selected source (button). This allows toy to Cherry pick data by source. eg. Authors from A, Series from F, Ratings from G
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote