Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Today, 03:53 AM   #1
sovre
Zealot
sovre began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini; iPhone; Kindle Paperwhite (10th gen)
anicent greek dictionary for kindle?

I'm looking for an ancient Greek dictionary I can use with the Kindle iphone app.

On Amazon's website If found a kindle edition of L&S's Intermediate Greek-English Lexicon available for purchase.

Has anyone tried using this dictionary with their Kindle and if so is it functional and useful for looking up words when reading a text?

Last edited by sovre; Today at 05:02 AM.
sovre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:10 AM   #2
pierre71
pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: kobo libra 2
not sure if it is supposed to work on the kindle app:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=256360
pierre71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 09:00 AM   #3
sovre
Zealot
sovre began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini; iPhone; Kindle Paperwhite (10th gen)
Thanks. i was able to convert it to epub and send it to kindle, unfortunately though it's not recognized as a dictionary and doesn't show up in my dictionary list if I try to look up a word.
sovre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:35 AM   #4
Ebookus
Digital Grenadier
Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
epub is not a format used for dictionaries though. kindle's own dicts are some sort of mobi version but could not tell you much more than that really. also, you can't use send to kindle, you would need to follow the instructions to add dictionaries the kindle way, which I think is dragging said dict to a specific folder in the directory, but again, not sure on the specifics there as I have never done it.
Ebookus is offline   Reply With Quote