Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old Today, 03:25 PM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Nook Glowlight 4, Apple iPad Pro 12.9"
Does anyone make a non-touch screen ereader?

I feel like every layer they place on top of an eInk panel takes away from the "crispness" of the screen. I'd like to see what a 300 ppi Carta display looks like without a touchscreen later on top.

I also prefer real buttons to touch screens.

I'd really love a Kindle Keyboard with a 7" eInk Carta screen. But sadly that ship has sailed.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:02 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
The only nontouch eink readers still sold these days (at least that I've heard of) are cheap low-res devices from unknown (mostly Chinese) makers.

So, no.

Personally I don't miss nontouch readers. I do love real buttons, but my Sage and my Libra 2 both have them. They're also plenty crisp, IMO.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 04:14 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
I feel like every layer they place on top of an eInk panel takes away from the "crispness" of the screen. I'd like to see what a 300 ppi Carta display looks like without a touchscreen later on top.

I also prefer real buttons to touch screens.

I'd really love a Kindle Keyboard with a 7" eInk Carta screen. But sadly that ship has sailed.
That ship as sailed for any decent Reader. What has no touch is cheaply made with very poor software, small size, and low-res.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote