Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
Grannygamer
Grannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of lightGrannygamer is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PSR-900
East Wind Returns $1.99 2 week coupon

My husband recently published his novel, East Wind Returns, at Smashwords, available in epub and mobi formats. I have a coupon code for MobileRead Forum readers. With the use of this code--for the next 2 weeks--the novel is available for $1.99. Coupon code: WQ58J

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/48394?ref=skyfool

East Wind Returns tells the story of a young photo recon pilot in World War II set in July-November 1945. It blends fact and fiction, with the supposition that the Japanese have an atomic weapon to be used against the United States. John Worth, the young pilot, is tasked with finding and then detonating the device after being shot down by friendly fire. Political intrigue is mixed with passionate romance and exciting aerial action--the terror of enemy fighters, anti-aircraft fire, mechanical malfunctions, deadly weather, and the Kamikaze.

As a female reader, I'm not normally intrigued by war-type novels, but I found a lot of the history and aerial combat elements very accessible and it was a good read. A friend of mine who read it said it was very History Channel, in a very good way. Personally, I thought it was akin to a John Wayne movie in novelized format. Anyway, thought I would share, particularly as this forum helped me with questions I had regarding formatting.
Grannygamer is offline   Reply With Quote