Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 06:15 AM   #1
bluepeter
Connoisseur
bluepeter began at the beginning.

Device: Clara 2E, Clara BW, Mini, Libra H2O, Paperwhite (10G), Boox Poke 5
Suppress link on home screen?

The lower right link on the home screen is sometimes blank, but usually leads to something like the last collection opened or the result of the last search. (I've outlined the one I mean in red on the image attached - in this case, it'd take me to my Read collection.)

Is there a way of suppressing it altogether (e.g., a patch)? I don't find it useful, and would prefer to have that area of the screen always blank.

(Ideally, I'd like to lose the Home screen altogether, and have My Books/Collections as a default screen, but I can't see this becoming an option. Having said that, it used to be possible to set Kindles up like this in the dim and distant past.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20240716_104754 (2).jpg
Views:	24
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	209588  
bluepeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:43 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
You can disable the home screen by enabling the sideloaded mode (enter SideloadedMode=true in the configuration file, under "ApplicationPreferences").

Note you'll lose the ability to direct download from your Kobo account.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 07:13 AM   #3
bluepeter
Connoisseur
bluepeter began at the beginning.

Device: Clara 2E, Clara BW, Mini, Libra H2O, Paperwhite (10G), Boox Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post

Thanks. And that's why it won't work for me.
bluepeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:22 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
You can disable the home screen by enabling the sideloaded mode (enter SideloadedMode=true in the configuration file, under "ApplicationPreferences").

Better to download to computer* anyway for Kobo, Amazon etc. Backups etc. Also then no purchases via Kobo if stolen.

All the Kobos I know here are SideloadedMode=true and the My Books is a far more useful and flexible homescreen.

[* Any device with a browser, file manager and ability to host ereader Mass Storage via USB. Even done it on Android 4.x and micro-USB to USB-A OTG adaptor. Browsing on eink is poor]
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote