Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-26-2024, 03:34 PM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Send to Kindle failing due to service error

I’m in the UK and I use Send to kindle or email to get my fanfiction epubs onto my kindles (I have three kindles). I got two accepted this afternoon after a few hours of processing, I don’t know if this was by the Send to Kindle webpage or email as I tried both methods. Everything else I’m trying is failing. I’m getting an email saying it’s failed due to service error, and to try later.

Anyone seen that before? I’m just wondering if it’s something at my end, although it’s only text from word to epub via calibre, or if Amazon has a problem.

Last edited by Josieb1; 06-26-2024 at 04:05 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 04:40 PM   #2
cumcad
cumcad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Unhappy

Created an account just to reply to this post after Googling the same problem I have, as yours, since 4 hours ago as of this post. I have not been able to upload normal vanilla pdfs, which had worked at least yesterday. Seeing that you're in the same boat, I think this is an Amazon server problem and hopefully it will resolve itself. I don't know where to report this issue to them after all.
cumcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2024, 04:48 PM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumcad View Post
Created an account just to reply to this post after Googling the same problem I have, as yours, since 4 hours ago as of this post. I have not been able to upload normal vanilla pdfs, which had worked at least yesterday. Seeing that you're in the same boat, I think this is an Amazon server problem and hopefully it will resolve itself. I don't know where to report this issue to them after all.
I’ve just spent a torturous half an hour with kindle support. They have confirmed it’s a technical issue that they are working to fix
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9142.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	209174  
Old 06-26-2024, 05:19 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Working for me (USA west coast). Maybe just issue with amazon.uk.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 05:34 PM   #5
cumcad
cumcad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
It just started to work again (also US northwest), so hopefully the engineers have fixed the issue globally.
cumcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2024, 03:28 AM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

It’s working in the UK this morning too. Thanks to those who commented, if I get it again I’ll know it’s an Amazon issue.