Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Today, 11:23 AM   #1
Roberta Carrota
Roberta Carrota began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre right pane single book information

Hi, folks!

A while back I imported a library into Calibre and must have done something goofy because the right pane that shows individual book information has stuff like "Uncomma Author", "Title Length", "Title Parm B", "Title Parm F", "Number of Words in Auth" and so on. I'd post a photo if possible and I knew how.

How do I fix this and go back to the original Calibre information, eliminating the rest of that nonsense (short of a complete purge and reinstall of the software)?

Thanks.
Roberta Carrota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:33 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Moved to the calibre forum.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 05:43 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Imported a Library from where?
When you import, and the imported discovers the source had custom (columns) metadata that do not currently exist in the current Library, it asks do you want to keep those (not exact words).
You must have said Yes.

Even Standing on your head while re installing Calibre , will not get rid of them
Those columns ARE NOW in the current Library (structure). You will need to use the Add Columns feature to remove those. Note: There is no UNDO, so be careful
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:08 PM   #4
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberta Carrota View Post
I'd post a photo if possible and I knew how.
Use the paperclip icon in the editors bar. Top row next to the smilie face.

You can remove those columns from display in Preferences>Look&Feel>BookDetails
or
remove them completely from Preferences>Add your own columns
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:14 PM   #5
Roberta Carrota
Roberta Carrota began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks

to both posters above for your responses. I'll try the suggestions tomorrow when I'm not so fuzzy headed.
Roberta Carrota is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert