Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Today, 11:45 AM   #1
modismos
modismos began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Issues with Customizing Kindle Fonts on the New Kindle Scribe

Hi everyone,
I recently got a Kindle Scribe and love the device's note-taking features and the new pen capabilities. However, I'm having some trouble customizing the fonts in my ebooks. I've tried a few methods that worked on my older Kindle models, but they don't seem to apply here. Specifically, I'm interested in adding custom fonts that I can use while reading, not just for annotations.
  • MS Word Integration and Font Compatibility: I noticed the Scribe's integration with MS Word is great for adding annotations, but can we use custom fonts in ebooks as well, or are we limited to the pre-installed options?
  • Technical Differences: Are there specific technical limitations with the Kindle Scribe that prevent custom font usage? If so, are there workarounds or firmware updates expected that might allow this?
  • Step-by-Step Guide Needed: If anyone has successfully added custom fonts to their Kindle Scribe, could you share a detailed, step-by-step guide? Any tips on file formats, directory paths, or settings tweaks would be incredibly helpful.
  • Community Experiences: For those who have experimented with the Kindle Scribe, what other features or quirks have you noticed compared to older Kindle models? Any other customization tips you can share?

Looking forward to hearing your experiences and any solutions you've found.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Elena
modismos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:14 PM   #2
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Scribe, Libra Colour
You might find the info you’re looking for in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=354871

The Scribe is no different than other Kindles when it comes to installing custom fonts.
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert