Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 02:27 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Woohoo!! Almost hit my June weight loss goal!!

Starting eating right and running around mid-May, and really enjoyed it.

Went of vacation and actually kept it up, running on the beach and such.

Once home, starting to do more running, ran a 3.4mile trail race and even started doing P90X, which was a great decision.

Well, at the beginning of the month I set a goal to get to 200lbs or less...that meant that in basically 5 weeks I would have lost 22lbs.

I got up this evening and stepped on the scale, and it read 202!!

I got about a week and a couple days to drop these last 2 pounds!!

My ultimate goal is to be about 170-175lbs by the end of the year.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:29 AM   #2
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Hey man, good for you! Keep it up but of course, be sure to chat with your doc to make sure the reduction is healthy...

Nice going!
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 02:34 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! It actually averages out to be about 4.2lbs a week which isn't that bad.

I lost 15lbs in two weeks when I started this...I wasn't trying to lose that much weight, it just happened.

I have discovered that I have to eat MORE in order to lose weight...which I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around lol. So I'm on a high protein diet while doing this P90X, which is INSANE lol.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:38 AM   #4
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Yeah, the logic seems kinda counter-intuitive. I am no dietician, but I have read a lot about the benefits of eating much smaller meals/snacks, but a lot more often throughout the day.

I see some sense with this line of thinking - if the body is indeed analogous to a machine, constantly keeping it busy processing small, manageable [human-sized quantities] of food seems like a better option than throwing it a couple of enormous meals only 1-2 times a day.

Good luck!
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:47 AM   #5
jhempel24
Wizard

Yeah...the way it actually works makes alot of sense.

If you eat on a regular basis, your body sees that it's getting food and burns it off. If you eat 3 meals a day, your body doesn't really know when it's getting it's next meal, so it stores it as fat.

If I don't eat enough it does the same thing, kind of goes into "starvation mode" because I'm not giving it enough of what it needs, even though I may not feel hungry.

With the workouts, I'm supposed to eat like 2,600-3,000. I was only getting in about 1500, and that was just too little. So I'm trying hard to eat that much so I get in 2,000 calories a day, and will now average about 1.5 lbs of weight a week lost.

I'm no nutritionist either, but it seems to help me out about now... I also found out that one of the best thing to drink after a hard workout on the cheap is...CHOCOLATE MILK!!! It's got a perfect ration of 4:1 in carbs/protein to help rebuild your body after you are done. Just drink it within about 15 minutes after your workout.
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 08:35 AM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I did a program like this last year - I drank a can of Slim-Fast shake after a heavy work out - it had the right balance of carbs/protein/fat.

My weight loss was more gradual, but has lasted. Last week when I pulled an old pair of shorts out of the closet to mow the lawn, they kept sliding down and threatening to fall! Embarrassing but gratifying!

Congrats on your achievement!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:44 AM   #7
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
your body has to feel full all the time, or else it will eat at your muscle tone the secret is simply sensible diet mixed in with exercise (<-- that part we all dread )
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #8
jhempel24
Wizard

Oh the exercise I like, I LOVE the burn and the soreness afterwards...don't ask...I'm weird.

But the feeling full all teh time is CRAZY. I have to somehow get 2400 calories in me just to lose weight!! I burn about 600-700 calories during my workouts (for the most part sometimes less). But doing it in healthy way is incredibly hard without my supplements.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #9
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Oh the exercise I like, I LOVE the burn and the soreness afterwards...don't ask...I'm weird.

But the feeling full all teh time is CRAZY. I have to somehow get 2400 calories in me just to lose weight!! I burn about 600-700 calories during my workouts (for the most part sometimes less). But doing it in healthy way is incredibly hard without my supplements.
When I was doing daily heavy weight work-outs I had to resort to protein shakes - I'd mix the protein powder supplement with yogurt or skim milk and make protein smoothie shakes.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #10
jhempel24
Wizard

That's what I resort to...a bit of milk with some chocolate protein powder....but I'm being told that my diet is too much supplements...2 drinks and a Cliff bar when I am up 24 hours...a cliff bar and one drink when I am up 11.

My recovery drink after a workout is Chocolate Milk, it's cheap...oh so good, and has a great Carb/Prot ratio!