Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-10-2018, 08:03 PM   #1
gojisube
Enthusiast
gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus 7" tablet; Dead Onyx Boox C67ML
FBReader on Kepler Pro

It seems to me that the version of FBReader that comes with the Kepler Pro is not the full version. I tried installing the FBReader app from the Play tore, but it wouldn't install.

Is there a workaround to get the full version installed?
gojisube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:02 AM   #2
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojisube View Post
It seems to me that the version of FBReader that comes with the Kepler Pro is not the full version. I tried installing the FBReader app from the Play tore, but it wouldn't install.

Is there a workaround to get the full version installed?
The trouble is most probably that their modified FBReader is already installed but using its original package name - which prevents from installing more versions.
The forum should still contain my own modification of FBReader, which chiefly allows portrait two-columns view (newspaper-like). It can be installed alongside the embedded one.
To achieve that, you have to repackage the application, using apktool, and change its "package name".

I must note that since a few years, FBReader had "white on white" menus and similar visual glitches.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2018, 10:00 AM   #3
gojisube
Enthusiast
gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, mdp. I'll see if I can track your modified version down.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:59 AM   #4
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojisube View Post
Thanks, mdp. I'll see if I can track your modified version down.
I searched for you, since I wanted to locate it for my own reference.
It's here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3231165

The one named
org.geometerplus.zlibrary.ui.android.MDP0-1.apk.zip
should (should) be the one I still use even today on the Max2. The other versions (newer) had visualization glitches on test devices.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:53 PM   #5
gojisube
Enthusiast

Thanks, mdp. I looking up your Fbreader version I discovered Librera and have been distracted by it. I'm liking it so far, but it does seem to use a lot battery life.
Advert