Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 10-27-2021, 07:14 AM   #1
tohdao
tohdao began at the beginning.

Device: SumatraPDF
TOC editing

It is puzzling, and annoying, that recent updates of Calibre (from version 5.21 up to 5.30) seem to have de-activated or removed the function of TOC editing.

After I have made editing changes to the TOC, and clicked on "OK" button, the "TOC editing" page finished its work, but the resultant e-book has consistently shown nothing of the editing changes that I have made. In other words, the "TOC editing" doesn't work.

I have to down-grade back to an earlier version, namely version 5.20; it still allows me to do TOC editing normally, as I did before.

I wonder why.

Would Mr John Schember or someone else please take a look into this problem?
Thank you.
tohdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 09:34 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A

5.30 on W10x64
works fine (from the main Toolbar and in the Editor)
What OS?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2021, 11:37 AM   #3
gerhaher
Enthusiast
gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tohdao View Post
It is puzzling, and annoying, that recent updates of Calibre (from version 5.21 up to 5.30) seem to have de-activated or removed the function of TOC editing.

After I have made editing changes to the TOC, and clicked on "OK" button, the "TOC editing" page finished its work, but the resultant e-book has consistently shown nothing of the editing changes that I have made. In other words, the "TOC editing" doesn't work.

I have to down-grade back to an earlier version, namely version 5.20; it still allows me to do TOC editing normally, as I did before.

I wonder why.

Would Mr John Schember or someone else please take a look into this problem?
Thank you.

Try to make just a few edit at a time and save.
Have you read my post in this thread?: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=342383

Last edited by gerhaher; 10-27-2021 at 11:57 AM.
gerhaher is offline   Reply With Quote