Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 05-12-2023, 10:05 PM   #1
ElectricOutcast
ElectricOutcast began at the beginning.

Device: Microsoft Surface Go 2
Read-Aloud suggestion

So I mentioned earlier that I bought a Microsoft Surface Go 2 a few weeks ago, and I've been using the Calibre E-book viewer for my reading preference. And an idea came to me that I wanted to share with you all and see what you all think.

When I used to read on the Kindle app, some of the ebooks they'd carry would have the option to either read or listen to the Audible audiobook file. But a hidden gem thing that some of you might either know or not know is that if you played the audiobook and read the ebook at the same time, the ebook would highlight what the narrator would say and you could follow along with the highlighted word while the narrator would speak during the story.

But if you ever wanted to find a stopping place, or stop at the end of a chapter, they would give you that option to select a time to stop reading and listening to the audiobook.

So it led me to float this idea around, you start the Read-Aloud feature, it'll run like normal but if you want to stop at a particular time or stop at the end of a chapter, you click on a "timer" button and select the stoppage time of your choice.

But like I said, it's just an idea, but I'm looking forward to hearing some responses to it.
ElectricOutcast is offline   Reply With Quote