Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Today, 07:13 AM   #1
mischl
mischl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Installing binary on Leap 15.6

Hello there

I´m trying to install Calibre 7.17 and beyond on Leap 15.6 and get the following
error message. As the result the reader window does not open.
Does anybody know what could be wrong, or to fix this ?

Many thanks in advance
Michael

Spoiler:

Checking downloaded file integrity...
Extracting files to /opt/calibre ...
Extracting application files...
Creating symlinks...
Symlinking /opt/calibre/ebook-device to /usr/bin/ebook-device
Symlinking /opt/calibre/ebook-meta to /usr/bin/ebook-meta
Symlinking /opt/calibre/ebook-convert to /usr/bin/ebook-convert
Symlinking /opt/calibre/ebook-polish to /usr/bin/ebook-polish
Symlinking /opt/calibre/markdown-calibre to /usr/bin/markdown-calibre
Symlinking /opt/calibre/web2disk to /usr/bin/web2disk
Symlinking /opt/calibre/calibre-server to /usr/bin/calibre-server
Symlinking /opt/calibre/lrf2lrs to /usr/bin/lrf2lrs
Symlinking /opt/calibre/lrs2lrf to /usr/bin/lrs2lrf
Symlinking /op

Last edited by theducks; Today at 01:31 PM. Reason: SPOILER LOG files
mischl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:42 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your OS is too old, update or stay with calibre 7.15 until you can.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 07:55 AM   #3
mischl

Hello kovi

If have just upgraded my openSuSE 15.5 to the latest 15.6, because of the outdated glib.
Now i don´t get the error message from before, but instead this new one
Old Today, 09:48 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error means the version of freetype on your system is too old, it lacks support for colrv1 fonts wich chromium and hence qt webengine require. So as I said stick with calibre 7.15 until you can update your system.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:54 AM   #5
mischl

OK, bad luck ...
Thank you for your work and your time, I really appreciate it, eBook wouldn't work for me
without your work ! So i hope i can stay a while on 7.16

Greetings, Michael
Advert
Old Today, 11:31 AM   #6
ratinox
Fanatic
ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, iPad Air 4
The flatpak from flathub should include all dependencies without you needing to jump to Tumbleweed.
ratinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:48 AM   #7
mischl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post
The flatpak from flathub should include all dependencies without you needing to jump to Tumbleweed.
Thank you, but as long it works it works for me
Old Today, 01:14 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mischl View Post
Thank you, but as long it works it works for me
But you do miss out on some fixes after 7.15 was released.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote