Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Today, 12:23 PM   #1
the_callant
Connoisseur
the_callant has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Oasis/Kindle Scribe/Kindle PW Signature
Font size on Kindle

As I have aged my eyesight has deteriorate. One of the things that originally drew me to using an ebook reader was the ability to change the font size on the book I was reading. When I switched to kindle from using a Sony things got even better. I have had a few kindles over the years and currently own an Oasis, a Paper white and a Scribe.
I am now finding it difficult on my Scribe to read the menu text and the information in the headers and footers of the pages, especially things like page numbers and progress. Is there any way of increasing the font size of these items? They seem even smaller on the Scribe than my other kindles.
the_callant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:22 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_callant View Post
As I have aged my eyesight has deteriorate. One of the things that originally drew me to using an ebook reader was the ability to change the font size on the book I was reading. When I switched to kindle from using a Sony things got even better. I have had a few kindles over the years and currently own an Oasis, a Paper white and a Scribe.
I am now finding it difficult on my Scribe to read the menu text and the information in the headers and footers of the pages, especially things like page numbers and progress. Is there any way of increasing the font size of these items? They seem even smaller on the Scribe than my other kindles.
You can buy a Kobo Reader as there is a way to set the OS font size to something larger. I forget how, but it is in the Kobo forum or you can ask. Also, a Kobo has many more font sizes available so you can better choose a size that fits your needs.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 03:26 PM   #3
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Scribe, Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_callant View Post
On the Scribe and the Oasis (but not on the Paperwhite) you can slightly increase the size of the text in the menus by setting the Display Size to “Large” in the Accessibility settings, however this unfortunately doesn’t seem to have any effect on the headers and footers.
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote