Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Today, 05:35 AM   #1
Immediate-Risk
Immediate-Risk began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 10th generation
Amazon Kindle 10th generation bricked after downgrade

I used this guide to downgradr my amazon kindle 10th generation to version 5.12.5: https://kindlemodding.gitbook.io/kin...indle-firmware

The downgrade was succesful but now my kindle shows a white screen. It shows the screensaver when I press the power button and also the reboot menu when long pressing the power button. I tried rebooting, but it didn't help. I also tried long pressing the power button to force a reboot, but it didn't help either. Is there any way to save my kindle or do I have to throw it away?
Immediate-Risk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:41 AM   #2
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
If that Kindle still gets seen as a removable drive when you connect it to a computer using USB cable you should use your computer to create a file with filename "DO_FACTORY_RESTORE" (so file shouldn't have any extensions, if you're creating the file on Windows using Explorer it will add ".txt" extension so you'll need to use rename to remove the extension) > eject Kindle from you computer > unplug USB cable > press and hold power button on Kindle for 20-30 seconds / until it force reboots.

That should trigger a factory reset and after that hopefully your firmware downgraded Kindle should be functional again. After that make sure to reinstall jailbreak hotfix and restart / reboot your Kidle 2-3 times.

Here you go, to make sure you don't mess-up creating that extensionless file I've done it for you, just unzip / unpack that zip file into the "root" ( = top level) level of Kindle drive:

unzip_me.zip

Last edited by shamanNS; Today at 08:46 AM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
10th gen, bricked, downgrade, kindle