Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-25-2024, 04:24 PM   #1
gussy
gussy began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Note 10
Calibre Not Downloading Metadata

Just started getting this error when I try to download metadata. I know I'm using an old version. It has been working fine for years.

calibre, version 4.23.0
ERROR: Download failed: Failed to download metadata. Click Show Details to see details

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 308, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\worker.py ", line 103, in single_identify
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\update.py ", line 85, in patch_plugins
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\update.py ", line 41, in load_plugin
File "<string>", line 224
log(f'Failed to resolve bing wrapper page for url: {url}')
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
gussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2024, 04:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to update calibre, old version cannot keep working indefinitely when downloading things from websites that keep changing.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2024, 05:09 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gussy View Post
Just started getting this error when I try to download metadata. I know I'm using an old version. It has been working fine for years.

calibre, version 4.23.0
ERROR: Download failed: Failed to download metadata. Click Show Details to see details

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 308, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\worker.py ", line 103, in single_identify
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\update.py ", line 85, in patch_plugins
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\update.py ", line 41, in load_plugin
File "<string>", line 224
log(f'Failed to resolve bing wrapper page for url: {url}')
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
You need to keep your calibre updated if possible. What OS are you using?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2024, 05:37 PM   #4
gussy

Calibre Not Downloading Metadata

Windows 10. Just stopped working today. I've kept V. 4.23 for DRM . Don't know if latest version of DeDRM will work with latest Calibre version.
Old 09-25-2024, 09:02 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The latest version of DeDRM works well with the latest version of calibre (7.18.100 currently in use).

For the latest DeDRM, check NoDRM's autorelease page.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2024, 09:57 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by gussy View Post
Windows 10. Just stopped working today. I've kept V. 4.23 for DRM . Don't know if latest version of DeDRM will work with latest Calibre version.
If that was the reason holding you back, a n easy work around would have been to install calibre-portable for 4.23.0, add DEDRM to it. just use portable for DRM purposes and then copy the ePub you your regular calibre installation.

Calibre Portable 4.23.0
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 11:15 AM   #7
gussy

Calibre download started working again this morning. Many thanks for all the good suggestions. Will try on another PC to confirm new version of Calibre works with latest DeDRm. Also will try portable version which I did not know about.
Old 09-26-2024, 11:31 AM   #8
gussy

Goyal Thank you so much for Calibre. I was so surprised when you answered my post in five minutes! Will consider becoming a PayPal regular contributor.