Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 01:17 AM   #1
Ruzz
Ruzz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
How do I transfer all my books with its notes and highlights from my old Kindle?

I've been using an old Kindle Touch for years and have recently decided to purchase an Oasis.

I am trying to transfer all my books along with its notes and highlights from my touch to the oasis. Plenty of my books are mobi's that I've manually inserted into the Kindle and not purchased from the Amazon store (I'm a student and yes, I confess to pirating the books...)

Here is an image (attached) of the directory on my touch, note that all my notes and highlights made over the years on my touch have been stored in "My Clippings.txt"

I tried transferring them into the directory of my new Oasis. Unfortunately, the notes and highlights do not transfer over. I can't for the life of me figure out how this works.

I tried using the kindle app on my smartphone to sync, but nothing syncs over. Does Calibre solve my problem? If so, how do I use it? Hope someone will give me the help I require...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	touch.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	149175  
Old 06-04-2016, 05:48 AM   #2
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzz View Post
I've been using an old Kindle Touch for years and have recently decided to purchase an Oasis.

I am trying to transfer all my books along with its notes and highlights from my touch to the oasis. Plenty of my books are mobi's that I've manually inserted into the Kindle and not purchased from the Amazon store (I'm a student and yes, I confess to pirating the books...)

Here is an image (attached) of the directory on my touch, note that all my notes and highlights made over the years on my touch have been stored in "My Clippings.txt"

I tried transferring them into the directory of my new Oasis. Unfortunately, the notes and highlights do not transfer over. I can't for the life of me figure out how this works.
You need to additionally transfer the directories with the same name as the book, but with an .sdr extension rather than .mobi. That's where the highlights, notes, reading speed, last read position, etc are stored.
Advert
Old 06-04-2016, 10:26 AM   #3
Ruzz
Ruzz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
You need to additionally transfer the directories with the same name as the book, but with an .sdr extension rather than .mobi. That's where the highlights, notes, reading speed, last read position, etc are stored.
I copy pasted my books from the Touch into the Oasis directory. Within my individual book folders, there is a .sdr folder, and within them are a .mbp1 and a .mbs file, next to the .mobi. They were all transferred over, yet when I access the book on the Oasis, the notes do not show. Can you elaborate?
Old 06-04-2016, 05:40 PM   #4
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzz View Post
I copy pasted my books from the Touch into the Oasis directory. Within my individual book folders, there is a .sdr folder, and within them are a .mbp1 and a .mbs file, next to the .mobi. They were all transferred over, yet when I access the book on the Oasis, the notes do not show. Can you elaborate?
Well, that's curious: when I did the same (transferring from a PW1 running 5.6.1.1), the notes showed on mine. (Note: they're not going to reappear in My Clippings.txt, because that's updated only when you *create* the notes.)

I'm not sure what's going on.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:08 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
We will not permit MobileRead's forums to be used for either requesting or providing help with pirated books. Any further such request will result in an immediate and permanent ban from this site. This is your one and only warning on the subject.

Thread closed.
Advert
Closed Thread