What causes this?
Can I switch it off in Calibre?

Regards and until then,
BEN
Resistor5k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:43 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
By default calibre stores the current reading position inside of the EPUB file. There is a setting to turn this off.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2019, 09:53 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
IIRC that setting is IN the viewers settings, not the main programs settings.
<Hey, I made that change almost a Decade ago... You expect me to remember a set and forget
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:12 AM   #4
Resistor5k6
Resistor5k6 began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino
That's it

Thanx to all!

until then, BEN
Resistor5k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 10:14 AM   #5
georgezh9617
georgezh9617 began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
By default calibre stores the current reading position inside of the EPUB file. There is a setting to turn this off.
Thanks! And, if the file size has already been changed, how to change it back? I tried before by opening an epub file, then turned off that setting, then closed the window; then the "date modified" was still updated, and the size did not become smaller.
georgezh9617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2022, 10:42 AM   #6
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgezh9617 View Post
Thanks! And, if the file size has already been changed, how to change it back? I tried before by opening an epub file, then turned off that setting, then closed the window; then the "date modified" was still updated, and the size did not become smaller.
Three options I know:

1. If you still have existing copy of the file elsewhere, overwrite the modified one (drag 'n' drop onto the details pane, or the button in Edit Metadata).

2. The Modify ePub plugin has an option to delete the Calibre bookmarks file.

3. Open in the editor (use the 'Edit book' toolbar button, or right-click the format in the details pane or metadata editor) and delete the bookmarks file.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote