Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-23-2024, 04:53 AM   #1
Glennhs
Glennhs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara BW
Lightbulb Press Power Button for 'Next page'

I have a Kobo Clara and want to change the power button to forward a page when I tap the power button instead of going to sleep mode. Since I have the SleepCover I do not need it to go into sleep mode.

I've looked into kobopatch but can't find anything. Has anyone done this or knows how to do it?
Glennhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 08:57 AM   #2
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
If you override the power button to turn the page rather than sleep/turn off, how would you power on/power off the device?
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2024, 09:15 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennhs View Post
I have a Kobo Clara and want to change the power button to forward a page when I tap the power button instead of going to sleep mode. Since I have the SleepCover I do not need it to go into sleep mode.

I've looked into kobopatch but can't find anything. Has anyone done this or knows how to do it?
The power button has an override. If you set the Kobo to take screen grabs, you use the power button for that. NickelMenu can let you toggle the screen shots on or off. But you do not want to make this permanent or as has been said, you won't be able to reboot if need be using the power button.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2024, 07:19 AM   #4
Glennhs
Glennhs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Chef View Post
If you override the power button to turn the page rather than sleep/turn off, how would you power on/power off the device?
If I short press the powerbutton it only goes to sleepmode. If I longpress then it shuts down/powers on.
I won't fiddle with long-press function, only the short-press to go to the next page.
Glennhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2024, 06:15 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennhs View Post
If I short press the powerbutton it only goes to sleepmode. If I longpress then it shuts down/powers on.
I won't fiddle with long-press function, only the short-press to go to the next page.
And when the power button is worn out, what then?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert