Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-03-2016, 12:51 AM   #1
shoelesshunter
copyleft librarian
shoelesshunter began at the beginning.

Device: KV
KV jailbreak 5.8.1-- general questions

I am willing to go in over the serial port. my question to the community and developers are:

does hotfix work on 5.8.1?

are there any knows bugs with the software on this device?

basically, if I root a KV on 5.8.1, will i be "ok?"

thanks.
shoelesshunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:19 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelesshunter View Post
I am willing to go in over the serial port. my question to the community and developers are:

does hotfix work on 5.8.1?

are there any knows bugs with the software on this device?

basically, if I root a KV on 5.8.1, will i be "ok?"

thanks.
It should work. I have not seen any reports to the contrary (yet).

However, beware that "pioneers can be recognized by the arrows sticking out of their backs". Welcome fellow pioneer!
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2016, 01:21 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yep, from a cursory glance, it should, and the hotfix package itself was updated on release day to handle FW 5.8.1 .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.8.1, jailbreak, voyage