Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-23-2008, 03:51 AM   #1
Megatron-UK
Connoisseur
Megatron-UK began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Digital Editions install problems

Has anyone else had problems when trying to install the new Digital Editions 1.5 software? Whenever I try to download it-it always comes back with a 'download error occured - try again?' within the flash object.

The issue has been reported to Adobe, but they don't have a fix at the moment: http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b57243

I've successfully updated my devices firmware, installed the latest reader software, but alas it seems the last part of the epub puzzle still eludes me! (of course non-DRM epub is easy, via Calibre).
Megatron-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:31 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Try the manual download:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...3051&sliceId=1
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2008, 09:48 AM   #3
Megatron-UK
Connoisseur
Megatron-UK began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
I tried that out and the download link the article is for the previous version (ie not 1.5.xxx). However Adobe appear to have rolled out a fix as the online install now appears to work.
Megatron-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:36 AM   #4
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
DE1.6 Problems

I was recently forced to install the DE1.6 upgrade (I really HATE sw that forces you to upgrade!), and now, ePub files that previous versions could read, won't open in DE.

I keep getting the following message:

"The document appears to have minor errors that might cause it to display incorrectly

---errorListChange---"

...and the doc won't open at all. I get this from new ePub files, and from JediSaber's ePub_sample doc that used to open in DE just fine. Has anyone else seen this?
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:41 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
steve try running epubcheck on them, that should allow you to figure out what the problems are. In my (limited) experience with DE 1.6, it's hypersensitive to (wrong or missing) namespace declarations.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2008, 09:51 PM   #6
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I don't have Java installed, and it's getting late, so I'll have to see about this later.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote